Thursday, October 18, 2012

Insert Foot In Mouth!

So I had a Doctor's appointment today! For nothing in particular. I have health insurance and I have yet to use it. I moved here a year ago and still had no Primary Care Physician.

So it was time to find one, and schedule an appointment.
I went in, when the nurse asked me what I was there for, I just informed her that it was just to get a Primary and get the ball rolling on my health, nothing in particular.

The doctor then came in and asked me if anything was bothering me or if I had anything she wanted to go over, did I have any history of cancer or anything like that. I went over my health history and family history with her. Then I mentioned that my last Period was August 23rd but all pregnancy test taken earlier this month were negative so I didn't think it was anything to worry about, probably just my cycle being off.

She told me that because I was late, She was going to give me a pregnancy test anyways, I shrugged my shoulders and said "ok thats fine"

She left the room and came back about 5 minutes later.

"Well, Brittany it seems that you are late on your period because you are pregnant!"




WHAT???

She then showed me the test results.
My mouth dropped wide open because I was certain that I was not pregnant. 3 negative pregnancy tests earlier in the month I assumed that they were right.

She informed me that the egg had just implanted earlier this week and before that any test would show up negative.

A blood test was ordered and that double confirmed the results.

Right now I'm in Utter and COMPLETE shock. I just wrote a post earlier this week about trying and trying and being disappointed over and over....
Little had I known that I was in fact pregnant at the time of that post!

It's kind of like a "Insert foot in mouth" moment.

My first Ultrasound in Monday October 29th, and while the Doctor is estimating June 1st as my due date, that's just an educated guess and I will know more at that appointment!

I'm overjoyed! Our family has been told and now I am letting the information loose with you all!

Still in quite a bit of shock though, those negative pregnancy tests sure fooled me! My advice to all those TTCing, Don't always believe those negatives, they could in fact be positives and you are just testing too early! See a Doctor for an accurate result!!!!

3 comments:

  1. told you so.
    I figured you were, thats why I told you to retest lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOOO HOOO!!! Congrats to you and Anthony!
    Sean is gonna be a big Brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So excited for you CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete